Sweep tool with profile but using polyloops

Hello this is my first post in this site, hope I can find some smart brains in here to help me out. 
I'm trying to come up with a tool in Houdini, best way to describe is by seeing this Blender addon video.

I want to speed up arquitectural modeling, the goal is to be able to input "trims" of a building, probably as a long polyloop, and be able to "extrude" a trim profile along the length of this polyloop. Ideally it will also turn when the input polyloop turns , like around right angles.  
If the polyloop has varying thickness, then the extruded profile would follow this as well. 

wonder if I can copy the profile on each vertical edge of the loop, then bridge each copy or something like that.  But I feel like I am overcomplicating this and there is a simpler way ?
Any ideas?

I'm getting stuck in figuring out how to sort a direction of my poly loop. Of course if you were to just draw a line with the Curve sop it would solve this. But I want to be able to input any poly loop and have the tool figure out the direction based on the length of the poly loop....

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2024 at 7:54 PM, oscarc said:

Does it normally take a week + for a new post to be approved by moderators? Are they on vacation?

That's a useful node! 

I ended up sitting this via the add node but the point orientation was not correct and didn't give me a straight line. 

Since I want the poly loop input to have a random point order, I ended up organizing the points by doing a Uv flatten, gridify uvs , morph uvs to 3d space via vops, then point sort by X and Z lol

So an overcomplicated solution but felt gratifying coming up with it. This node should simplify it quite a bit !

I wish Houdini had a better way to search for useful nodes ...