Water Sim

few_a_fx

you don't need to use Pbr, Hdri was just meant in the sense of adding more environment.

Have a look at the following images, they are with different highlights/environment, it shows the importance of having some more things to reflect in the scene when doing rendertest with reflective/refractive objects.

I built a mockup liquid test, the motion is a hack with particles, but perhaps the hip file helps to explain better what I meant in the above post.

Some of the nodes have comments on them, if you want to render it, you'll have to write out the geometry again, should be fairly quick.

Check out the highlights in some of these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3cLc6et868

IOR table:

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/hdri/ior_table.jpg

post-1666-1239484010_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1239484027_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1239484075_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1239484083_thumb.jpg

highlights_03.hip

Edited by pclaes

you don't need to use Pbr, Hdri was just meant in the sense of adding more environment.

Have a look at the following images, they are with different highlights/environment, it shows the importance of having some more things to reflect in the scene when doing rendertest with reflective/refractive objects.

I built a mockup liquid test, the motion is a hack with particles, but perhaps the hip file helps to explain better what I meant in the above post.

Some of the nodes have comments on them, if you want to render it, you'll have to write out the geometry again, should be fairly quick.

Thanks pcales. I'll definitely check out the hip file. I'll post more updates as soon as I can...hoping to get this done soon.