EdwardBrian

Need two decimals

Hi,

one of those questions where the answer is propably easier than binding your shoes but you didn´t have a coffee for several hours and therefor your brain is frozen (thats me...)

My Problem: Im am using a font sop to display the distance an object is traveling in the scene (simulating a digital display). I just don´t get it right so that it is 1.) only displaying 2 decimal points like 25.76 and 2.) displays 34.00 and not 34 as it is automatically doing.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

for 1) you can use trunc like so:

trunc(100*$ATTRIBUTE)/100

but you are right, when there is an end-zero it will not display it, so I don't know the answer to 2) unless you want to use Python, in which case it is probably is quite easy.

As an hscript expression in the 'Text' field of a FontSOP?

Maybe you can try:

`padzero(2,trunc($NUM))`.`padzero(2,trunc(round(frac($NUM)*100)))`

Where you'd replace '$NUM' with whatever the number is that you need to represent, and change the two constants ('2') with the amount of zero-padding you want on either side of the decimal point (which the power-of-ten on the right side should also match, of course).

Cheers.

I've been trying this function, but with the attempt of only showing 1 decimal. However I do it, it seems to sometimes show .10 instead of .0.

How do I get around that?