HOT Linux H11.1.118

JRoberts86

Hello,

I am currently looking into getting the Ocean Toolkit running on H11.1.118 on CentOS 5.3 - GCC 4.1.2. I have come across an number of errors when trying to compile the code for our current build and was wondering if anyone can assist.

The first problem I encounter is when I test the HDK by running hcustom SOP_Star.C and I receive this error in my terminal.

-------------------------------------

[root@lapc40 SOP]# hcustom SOP_Star.C

Making SOP_Star.o and /root/houdini11.1/dso/SOP_Star.so from SOP_Star.C

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h: In member function 'UT_Vector3* GB_AttributeBuffer::asV3(int)':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h:81: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h: In member function 'UT_Vector4* GB_AttributeBuffer::asV4(int)':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h:89: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h: In member function 'UT_Matrix3* GB_AttributeBuffer::asM3(int)':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h:97: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h: In member function 'UT_Matrix4* GB_AttributeBuffer::asM4(int)':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/GB/GB_AttributeBuffer.h:105: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_AtomicPtrImpl.h: In member function 'T* SYS_AtomicPtr<T>::exchange(T*) [with T = OP_TaskStateProxy]':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/OP/OP_TaskState.h:65: instantiated from here

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_AtomicPtrImpl.h:32: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_AtomicPtrImpl.h: In member function 'T* SYS_AtomicPtr<T>::compare_swap(T*, T*) [with T = OP_TaskStateProxy]':

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/OP/OP_TaskState.h:122: instantiated from here

/peerless/software/houdini/hfs11.1.118/toolkit/include/SYS/SYS_AtomicPtrImpl.h:49: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

-------------------------------------

If I run ./build_linux.sh for HOT the compile doesn't provide any error messages but when I try to run python setup.py bdist I get the following error:

[root@lapc40 src]# python setup.py bdist

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "setup.py", line 19, in ?

paver.tasks.main()

File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 615, in main

File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 595, in _launch_pavement

File "pavement.py", line 48

with pushd(path('../docs')):

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If anyone could provide me with some advice on what may be causing this issue and how to resolve it or if someone has managed to compile HOT for H11.1.118 on CentOS 5.3 - GCC 4.1.2 and they have binary distribution that would great.

Looking forward to your reply.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

J

Problem resolved in regards to the setup.py issue.

The python command was running an old version of python. Instead type:

- python2.5 setup.py bdist

Not sure about the hcustom problem but toolkit is compiled so will host shortly.

Edited by JRoberts86