clip sop wont split geo properly

rich_lord

Im having alot of trouble with the clip SOP.

When I apply it within a for each sop, it isn't properly splitting up the primitives. Huge primitives get created, rather than lots of small ones.

I made a hip file to demonstrate the problem. It uses the clip SOP to split a grid into pieces inside a foreach. Then it puts one primitive inside a group per frame, so you can move the timeline forward and see the shape of the primitives it generates.

I see in a peter Quint tutorial that this technique works for him, but I cant see any difference in how he is implementing it and how I am.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

clip_sop.hipnc

post-7586-0-35390300-1353866532_thumb.jp

Im having alot of trouble with the clip SOP.

When I apply it within a for each sop, it isn't properly splitting up the primitives. Huge primitives get created, rather than lots of small ones.

I made a hip file to demonstrate the problem. It uses the clip SOP to split a grid into pieces inside a foreach. Then it puts one primitive inside a group per frame, so you can move the timeline forward and see the shape of the primitives it generates.

I see in a peter Quint tutorial that this technique works for him, but I cant see any difference in how he is implementing it and how I am.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just turn off the merge results option on foreach sop