Force within mask field overwrites original force/gravity (FLIP)

Hi guys,

Having a bit of an issue having two forces affecting one flip fluid system. What I was trying to do was have a waterfall run off the end of a cliff. Setting this up was fine, however, I found that the fluid doesn't seem to break up very much once it has ran over the edge. So what I am trying to do now is run the fluid through a mask field which has a wind force acting within it, the theory being that i can add turbulence to the wind to break up the particles more. What I have found though, is that no matter what order I run the fluid through the forces, when it hits the mask field it almost completely halts the current velocity and takes on the velocity of the wind force and ignores the gravity until it is out of the mask.

I'd be really grateful for any help on setting this up so that the fluid continues to fall whilst passing through the wind area? Or if there is a better way of setting up this kind of effect?

I'm pretty new to houdini so it could be something really obvious I'm missing.

post-9545-0-24360600-1366302520_thumb.jp

Thanks in advance

• 3 years later...

Check out the two recent masterclasses on FLIP by Jeff Wagner, he describes some awesome methods on air field implementation to get the effect of water falling through air by changing the density attribute of the FLIP volumes.