Renderman Light shader wrong type

J_spad

I am currently trying to import a Renderman light shader into Houdini however when I import the otl it comes in as a surface shader in the shop. I am not sure how the otl is being made. I am doing it through a program called cutter which makes the otl when I compile the shader. My two questions are

1. How do I create an otl from an slo file?

2. Is it posible to change the type after the otl is created and if so how?

1. You can use the slo2otl.py in Houdini's bin folder.

(with HB and PATH var setup at bin folder)

On windows command line: "hython slo2otl.py -l lightshadername.otl lightshadername.slo" should work, didn't for me though

so I use Windows PowerShell. This is what I use: "hython "$env:HB/slo2otl.py" -l lightshadername.otl lightshadername.slo"

It shouldn't be necessary to use hython to launch the slo2otl.py file on other OS's.

2. As far as I know it should read it in correctly if you've specified it as a light shader at the start of the shader, ie. used "light lightshadername(){}". Make sure you have specified the Cl variable in the code.

I'm not very familiar with cutter so if it's causing the issue I can't help much.

Edited by JonathanGranskg

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the solution from a contact. The solution to changing the type of shader is the change a file inside the otl. I was able to export the otl to a folder in the Linux terminal using the command "hotl -V myasset.otl". This creates a folder containing a few files. Inside the folder I edited the INDEX__SECTION file. You can change the type from shader to light. I then reassembled the otl with the command "hotl -c folder

Name newOTL.otl"