any generalized method for find renderpath for hou.RopNode?

yongbin

Hi, I am writing my own render script.  It should be applyed to every hou.RopNode node.

But each node, it's parameter name is different. For example,    mantra->'vm_picture',   rop output drive->'sopoutput',    file cache->'file'.

I can iterate and find exact one, but it seems not complete. Is there a generalized method for it?

Thank you. :)

I'm not sure whether there's any generalized method to find the renderpath. But What do you mean by not complete when you iterate and find ? What you could do is to add a spare parameter and channel reference this parameter in your render nodes output path. Then in your script you can find all the nodes with this spare parameter and set whatever you wanna set. Not the ideal solution but it should work. Hope this helps :)

Edited by animknight

I generally put in conditions based on roptype, there's not too many variations and it works well for distinguishing where to look for the output. Indeed it'll take a bit of time to get right but it's worth it when you don't have to look at it again for ages. 

Edited by TxRxFx

Thank you, animknight and TxRxFx.

When I said "not complete", I mean there are many rop nodes and sometimes it will added or changed. so, I felt It isn't complete.

But if there isn't a generalized method. O.K. I will use conditions or, spare parameter. As you suggested to me.

Cheers,