vel visualization

Hi there,

Not sure if this is silly to ask.I have a source volume of a curve that is not straight

If i turn on the vel visualization in the fluid source node at sops.The velocity vis is shown in straight lines rather than in curve.

So does this mean that the vel will be impacted only when the burn comes near the straight line of the vel field?

Hi,

Not sure to understand your question. Could you post a screen shot of it?

Normaly, if you use a field force in dops, you can use the "maximum distance" to set the activation distance of the sop field plugged to it.

It results that the vel will be impacted only between your line and a certain distance.

Cheers, 

Since I don't know what your setup is, I am going to assume based off of your description that you did something like this:

create a curve, add normals with a point sop, convert to volume using fluid source, using 'N' to drive the Vel volume.

One way to get a velocity volume to flow with a curve is to create normals that follow the curve's tangents. A quick and easy way to do this is  drop a polyframe sop, and set it normal name to something like 'normal', and tangent name to 'N'.

Now when you source your Vel volume from 'N', it will follow the tangent normals that you created.

I'll attach an example,

Ilan

IGtangVel.hipnc

I just wanted to add that in order to visualize your entire area of influence, you can visualize it as smoke or uncheck the 'use plane' option in the visualization tab below.

The size of the area of influence depends on sample distance of your stamp points, in the tab next to visualization.  

Here's another example,

~Ilan

IGtangVel2.hipnc

Edited by wick3dParticle