wires with constraint network

loudsubs

Yeah,  this is more of an exercise to learn how to use the constraint network to have control over wire objects.  Think of a much larger scale wire object, that represents the pillars of a massive bridge or something. Being able to control exactly when and where the wire constraints break is the kind of thing I would use this for.  Ideally I want to be able to create and and control constraints for wires the same way I would for a bullet rbd simulation

Yeah,  this is more of an exercise to learn how to use the constraint network to have control over wire objects.  Think of a much larger scale wire object, that represents the pillars of a massive bridge or something. Being able to control exactly when and where the wire constraints break is the kind of thing I would use this for.  Ideally I want to be able to create and and control constraints for wires the same way I would for a bullet rbd simulation

Hi Arrev, Peter Quint has exactly the same setup in his new video. You may wanna check his work out. here is the link https://vimeo.com/118982609 

• 1 month later...

I tried to do that tutorial in Houdini 13 and it doesn't work, I have no idea why. Can anyone go through this really quickly and see what I am doing wrong?

I have everything set up, all I want to do is to constrain the two wires together. I am using Houdini 13 for this scene file and would like to keep using 13.

Bridge.hiplc

The wire solver only added support for constraint networks in H14

Thanks for the update. Have you seen this anywhere in the documentation?

Also, is there an alternate method for constraining one wire object to another wire object?

Edited by tielax11