ROP Subnetwork Node

I'm trying to create a custom ROP_Node implementation that works like a subnet.  I want the user to be able to dive into the node and add a select set of stock ROP nodes.  The node will expose a couple of simple parameters. 

I've subclassed ROP_Node and overridden isNetwork to return 1.  I've also created a custom OP_OperatorFilter to expose only the nodes I want allowed internally in the node.

This allows me to create the node in houdini and dive into it, but I'm unable to add any nodes inside.  I get permission errors whenever trying to do this.

I've tried changing the flag when adding the node to operator table in newDriverOperator(). I've tried OP_FLAG_NETWORK, OP_FLAG_GENERATOR and a combination of & and | those two together.  The permission issue doesn't go away.

Is creating a subnet-like ROP node possible?  I feel like I'm missing a subtle piece of implemenation.

I've attached an image of the error I get.

Thanks for the help.

post-14543-0-90864000-1442872460_thumb.j

• Like 1

Why not just use an HDA?  I'm not sure what you gain from doing it this way, I don't use ROP's often though...

However, OP_FLAG_GENERATOR, is unlikely what you want, as your not generating ROP data, just containing it.

Other then that, I would try to inherit from OP_Network directly, ROP_Node wouldn't/shouldn't allow nodes inside it.  For example, I would wager ROP_Subnet doesn't inherit from ROP_Node.  

Complete shot in the dark though...