Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ValentinD

Is it possible to cache Multiple Dop I/O with takes ?

Hello everyone, 

I used to cache multiple alembic using the technique described here : http://nicholaspfeiffer.com/blog/2016/1/16/houdini-tip-of-the-day-render-multiple-alembic-rops-at-one-time (Long story short : rop network > multiple fetch > a merge > click render >  caches every fetch. That's cool !). I thought that it would work the same way if I use this technique to render multiple Dop I/O node.

For the first time I want to use the take system to cache multiple sim over the night (changing resolution and parameters). So in an obj node I dropped 2 Dop I/O, set their "Render With Take" parameter on each one, then dropped a Rop Network, two "Fetch" nodes and set their path to the dop I/O "render", dropped a merge, and hit "render". 

The result expected would be to have the different takes cached but instead I had the Main take cached, two times...

What do I do wrong ? Thanks for the help, if a scene is needed I will do a simple version of it :) 

Have a great day/night !

Hello Shinjipierre, 

Thanks for pointing out the wedge node, I did not knew it.

I have tried again and it seems that the problem is coming from the take system... I will do another post to explain it... 

Thanks anyway !

EDIT : I have retried the ropnet with fetch method, it worked, it seems that the first time I had done something wrong.

EDIT 2 : Here is the other post : 

Edited by ValentinD