Still Life

cdiete20

ok...hopefully this works=)

18357[/snapback]

good job.. I really like it.

Now for the suggestion.

I think you should add the texture for the ground plane and back wall.

Right now the image looks abit too CGrish .

The other thing I notice is you have double shadow?

Keep up the good work. :)

Hey there,

Very nice work..

Probably the biggest suggestion I'd have is not technical but it's to re-arrange the composition a bit. While there are several interesting objects in the image, they don't lead your eye anywhere in particular. The composition doesn't have a very clear focal point. The objects currently suggest that you're trying to get the apple to be the centre - especially that the chopsticks lean up against it and so point to it - but the shiny high-constast gravy dish beside the apple distracts me from it. The depth is all pretty flat save the single chopstick that pokes out toward us (which I do like - the DOF gives us a photographic touch). Here I'd consider an arrangement that might play more depth and draw us to the focal. Still life compositions of this type often have a peak in the centre of the image. At least, this is my opinion :)

The hard shadow of the lipstick on the apple seems unjustified since there is no shadow on the floor.

Please post more!

PS. How did you render this? Mantra?

hey! thanks for all the great suggestions. I just rendered it out in mantra and just tweaked a few things using Halo. I understand what you mean about the composition though, I also wanted to go back and fix the texture on the apple and everything. So I will post it when I get it re-rendered. =)

The double shadow thing was weird but I worked from a photo that I took and there is actually two shadows like that. It must have been the way that I positioned my lights. For the background do you think something simple? maybe just even adding in some bumps maps to suggest more of a background?

Again thanks so much for all the suggestions. It really helped me out!