procedural point replicate not rendering

Hi,

I'm using the procedural point replicate and it's working fine when I render in the render view, even if I turn off Preview mode, but when I try to render to MPlay or disk it just renders black. I have 8 million points and it doesn't work with replicating just 2 times either, so it doesn't seem like a memory issue. It feels like I'm missing something very important..

Thanks!

Any chance you could post a sample file?

Just a shot in the dark.. could it probably be related to this issue? When using the Render View with Preview turned on.. Mantra switches to Raytracing mode. So if you are using Micropoly, renders could potentially look different.

Fixed! but thanks for replying:) The problem was that I had to put the procedural shader on another (empty) geometry for rendering, because it was replicating itself (I think). I don't know why it worked in render view (both preview mode off and on) thought. The amount of particles compared to the size was also an issue, though I'm not sure why and I fixed that by tweaking to find the right values.

Edited by Yanana