Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AntoineSfx

Crowds RBD Ragdoll for 15.5

At 2:11 what's upstream from merge_transitions is missing using the DOP generated by Houdini 15.5.

Hence no collisions happen between the ball and each biped.

Can someone tell me why this is happening, and how can I fix it ? Is there a more up to date tutorial for 15.5 ? 

ragdoll zombies.hipnc

There were some shelf tool changes in 15.5 - instead of always creating a "stand", "walk", and "ragdoll" state, along with a stand to walk transition, the Simulate tool now prompts you to select some initial states that should be created based on the animation clips available.

In the attached file, I just added a ragdoll state, along with a crowd transition DOP and crowd trigger DOP to implement the zombie -> ragdoll transition.

ragdoll_zombies_v2.hipnc

35 minutes ago, cwhite said:

There were some shelf tool changes in 15.5 - instead of always creating a "stand", "walk", and "ragdoll" state, along with a stand to walk transition, the Simulate tool now prompts you to select some initial states that should be created based on the animation clips available.

In the attached file, I just added a ragdoll state, along with a crowd transition DOP and crowd trigger DOP to implement the zombie -> ragdoll transition.

ragdoll_zombies_v2.hipnc

Thanks. I wasn't able to open your file properly, but I replicated the nodes upstream and it seems to work.