Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juzwa

prt exporter to 3ds max

Hi, 

So I found this

https://github.com/FictionIO/PRTRop

Is that working for .prt for Krakatoa?

I know its a weird question. I should try that myself. However Im so busy that I dont have time to even try. Thats why I ask. I dont know if its worth spending time to get it to work. Its kind of old stuff (H12)

Or maybe you know any working 'tool' to export to .prt and read it in Krakatoa prt Loader?

Edited by Juzwa

I have used this plugin https://www.flipswitchingmonkey.com/houdini-prt-rop/

put it in your houdiniinstalldirectory/houdini/dso and it will show up in your /out level

make sure to export any attributes you want to use in magma flow, with correct names ( I think by default it renames v to velocity)

I have loaded it with prt loader in Max with this.

1 person likes this

It works well as long as you're on top of the extended attribute naming conventions (as mentioned above) and was recently recompiled for 15.5.77. It's vital that you use the exact same version number of Houdini that was used to compile the version of PRTRop

1 person likes this

Thank you. Indeed its working and passing all channels like it should. Thats owesome! :)