Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Federico

Retime cached flip mesh

Hi guys! I need to slowdown a flip fluid mesh, to see if i can avoid to redo the flip simulation.

I tried with a simple timewarp (from 1-500 to 1-700) but it cause a jittering in the fast moving parts. So i tried to retime my compressed particle cache using a blend node and a custom node called timedrive (from orbolt), but both fail. I guess because i have the reseeding option enabled which change the point ID. Someone has some suggestions on how slowing down a flip fluid without having to resimulate everything?

Did you cache @v? Can't try this right now, but let's say: oldFrameNumber/newFrameNumber = 500/700. So your new frame 75, for example, would be old frame 53.57. You sample P at frame 53 and add 0.57 times your velocity per frame to get your position. It'll be jerky but should work despite varying id's.

In the end i had to resimulate the flip fluid without the reseed, unpack the compressed cache and then apply the timeblend/timewarp combo. I'm curios about your method, i should still have the old cache of the meshed flip fluid (with the velocity attribute) to test it out. I have to use a point vop right?

You could use a point VOP, or just timeshift to your desired length then use a wrangle node:

f@frameFraction = ((@Frame - firstFrame) * (oldLength / newLength)) % 1;
@P += @v * @frameFraction * @TimeInc;

2 people like this