Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lazza79

Help with vex

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask your help for some code.

i have some primitives (constraints) disposed like an umbrella (one on top and many on the bottom, disposed round-is (like an umbrella).

Imagine now a sphere going along the scene, when the sphere touches any of the extreme points, il would like to transfer a parameter from the sphere to ALL the connected points.

I think I figured out how to do it but I don't know the code: I would like to know how to, having one of the 2 points of the segment, to know what is the number of the opposite point.

Thank you! Cheers!
Lazza

4 hours ago, lazza79 said:

I would like to know how to, having one of the 2 points of the segment, to know what is the number of the opposite point.

Could you possibly be referring to the neighbour and/or neighbours functions?

Edited by galagast

hmmm, no. I have several "umbrellas" sometime near to each other.

I'm afraid that using neighbor function may get a point form another umbrella...

Thank you!
Lazza79

I thought that you were kinda going for something like this:
vex_neighbour.gif
H15.5.717 Indie - vex_neighbour.zip

Any chance you could post a simple hip file? :)

Yes, that is similar. Almost what I want.

The difference is that I would like also the 2 stars that are touched bu the polygon, fully become red.

I see in your video that when they are touched just one or 2 legs become red. I would like that if one leg becomes red, all the other legs connected do.

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers!
Lazza79

2017-03-17_174030.png

Something like this?
vex_neighbour_v2.gif
H15.5.717 Indie - vex_neighbour_v2.zip

I updated the file and colored the changes and additions yellow.
The method I used might work or might not work on your scene as the code depends on what kind of "umbrella" geometry you're using. :D