Resume flip simulation from bgeo.sc files?

I have read a few conflicting information regarding this, so I want to ask myself.
Is it possible to resume a flip sim based on the bgeo.sc. files? And if so how?
I tried the initial data tab inside the fluid object according to the help file but with not much success.

The initial data for DOPs simulations requires .sim files. For FLIP (and maybe some other solvers), technically you could probably use a bgeo as the source, giving it some initial velocity and such based on that frame of a sim; but you're not actually resuming a sim, you're starting a new simulation, and it may not match up very well since it's an incomplete snapshot that doesn't have the whole state of the system like the .sim files would have.

*edit* what vtrvtr said :)

Edited by goldleaf

Damn would have thought its possible since all the different velocity etc. attributes are present. But guess I have to redo the sim then. Thanks for the answer though. :)
*Edit* So the sim files are basically large files containing all simulated frames?
Just to be on the save side I take it I activate the checkpoint option on the dopnetwork. Set my checkpoint intervals, the checkpoint trail length and that should be it?
How would I then resume the sim base on a sim file if the need arises?

Edited by Mokiki