[Solved] How to save a "Default" kay-frame animation with a digital asset?

[I got the answer on https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/49249/?page=1#post-222465]

Hi,

I've created a digital asset for an explosion, it simply hides the pyro simulation network and exposes simple parameters such as buoyancy, smoke dissipation. I want to allow the asset users customize some animation curves such as “gasrelease” (which is defined in the pyro solver). This seems problematic because:

a-If I keep the animation inside the digital asset network, then this animation curve is considered part of the digital asset and it will be locked by default. The only way to edit the curve would be to unlock the digital asset and save the file, but this is bad because users might save the new asset definition and replace the default one, plus it's not practical to ask users to unlock the asset each time they want to edit it!

b-If I keep the animation as an external new parameter (i.e. use the type interface to add a new parameter and add the animation curve to it), for some unknown reasons it won't get saved as part of the digital asset definition! i.e. even If create a new parameter and create some key frames then save the asset type, the next time I create a new instance of the asset the animation curve will be lost, i.e. will be constant value…

Okay, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but this seems like an easy thing to do but yet I cannot accomplish! All, what I want to do is to create an initial animation curve for the gas released parameters and then allow users to change it if they wish?

Thanks

Edited by catchyid