Instance and point colors/groups

Hello everyone!

So I've been asked to do a crowd sim on a stadium. Instead of wasting precious time doing the sim I just bought 15 mocap caracthers with textures included. I then did a group for the skin and a group for the cloth on primitive level.

I scatted points across the stands and colored them based on a gradient, then oriented the Normals so they face the center of the stadium. So far so good.

I did a CopyToPointsSOP and it immediately crashed as I suspected. Then I proceed to copy and instance them. Worked like a charm. 

My problem is that when I do the instancing I lose all my materials and groups. Basically I wanted to transfer the Cd from the points to the cloth group and leave the skin color intact. 

I tried it with the instance node and it didn't work aswell.

Telling from your description, it feels like there is something going wrong with your packed promitive workflow.

Just watch the following video, as far as I remember, they are more or less exactly explaining your problem and what you can do about it: