POP particles are not aligned in a straight line!

[just a hint: the problem is gone when I remove the integer from  @my_id, i.e. define in @my_id instead of i@my_id, HOWEVER, this create float variable which creates another problem later on the pipeline, SO I am not sure why i@my_id is causing the problem? it should not?!]

Hi,

I have a very simple POP network: an emitter + a pop replicate. I set all emitter noise and interpolation to none (so no jittering or random displacement), and in the pop replicate and I set initial velocity to zero. My goal is to create straight lines made of particles (plz see attached images). This simple setup works for most particles, however some particles creates zigzag or strange shape and I have no idea why? if you have any suggestion, plz let me know :)

particles_not_in_line.png

laser_sparks_particles_not_in_straight_line.hip

pop_network_for_straight_lines.png

Edited by catchyid

Your Emission Type on your Pop Source is set to "Scatter on Surfaces". Which means it's not using the actual points of your sphere, it's scattering randomly placed points onto the surface of your sphere and doing an average on the attributes from the spheres nearby points. Thus your attributes are no longer unique.

Change your emission type to either "Points" or "All Points" and you'll be all set.

• Like 1