Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dagoose

flip stick or glue to geo

Hi,

I'm trying to stick/glue an viscous/gooey liquid (flip) to an object.

This works to a certain degree with stick and friction when the object is static or only translates slowly.

As soon as rotation comes into play the liquid falls off the object.

I guess this is due to the collisionvel. Reducing the force scale in the vol motion tab doesn't do the trick. I tried lots of different settings but nothing really works.

So more or less I am a bit stuck here and hope that you guys come up with a solution.

The general thing I am after is that no matter how fast the object spinns or moves some amount of the gooey liquid stays on the object while other parts may be thrown off.

I attached a simple test file.

Thanks for your help.

stick_rotation.hip

All you need to do is increase the density of your collision geo. Houdini calculates velocity from the mesh points for collision and you original box only had 8 points.

see attached for example.

stick_rotation_fixed.hip

Thanks a lot Karl for your help.

This really does the trick ... funny thing that the 'real' scene which has a character where the gooey flip has to stick on had pretty hres/dense collision geo. But it did not work.

ATM I am looking into grains to get it to behave the way I want. But maybe I will be back to make it work in flip pretty soon.

Thanks again

Rico