PolyBevel NOT working

Can someone please tell me why I can't get a even bevel on an edge? I have this imported geo from zbrush and I am getting weird uneven beveling... Basically I'm not getting a fixed distance in certain areas...

Thanks for the help!

- Shawn

Capture.JPG

@astrofalconIt's because you've unchecked "Allow Vertex Splits". I'm not saying that it's expected or desirable, I'm just pointing out the cause. You might want to file a RFE with your attachment.

For a better result check that option along with "Split over all Incident edge" and then collapse/fuse the points of the unwanted edges. You're going to be in a lot of pain since currently there's no fuse between two points and have them meet halfway. The current workflow for achieving that would be to use two Fuses - one with Snap>Average Value and the next with Consolidate activated.

I don't know what your goals are, if you're versed with modeling in other apps and wanna dip your toe into Houdini waters or just want to learn Houdini in general, but be aware that currently, Houdini is far from being the best option for modeling.

fuse_fuse.jpg

Edited by McNistor

35 minutes ago, McNistor said:

Almost forgot - in your case, best for getting rid of those unwanted edge is to use Edge Collapse.

And since one hand washes the other, I'd appreciate it if you'd also take a look at:

https://sidefx.com/forum/topic/49956/

and tell me if you experience the same issues I've described there.

I don't seem to be able to see the same result on this but I'm not 100% that I fully understand the bug...

Still having issues with this... It seems like a bug to me... I need "Allow Vertex Splits" on one vertex but not on the rest... It seems like the bevel "loop" is not closed or something...

Anyway this should work with in the PolyBevel SOP.

- Shawn

Capture 2.JPG

Capture.JPG