Follow path auto-bank (the new H16 constraints)

ikoon

Here is a VEX solution. Attributes are then on the path. So we can use the Look Up Mode: Up Vector Attribute from Path. Thank you Javier Toledo!

Btw the fourth inputh on the Follow Path CHOP is still a bit of mystery for me. I was hoping I could use some lag/jiggle chops also. I will investigate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ikoon,

That fourth input on the Follow Path CHOP is a funny one... it seems to accept channels named "roll0" and "pos0" and will use them to override the position on the curve and the roll. Either one can be present or not and the other will still work (i.e. one channel named "pos0" will still work without accompanying "roll0" channel)

• Like 1

Nice! Thank you! Probably we are still forced to wrangle the up vector "manually"? Is there any CHOP trick? Any Slope CHOP analysis on 3D? Curvature Analysis SOP is not enough.

I have attached a file, which solves the up vector with Javier's method. It may be helpful for somebody in the future. Thanks go to Javier.

follow path - v0.hiplc

• Like 2

Hi again... Just had a little play with moving more of that method into CHOPs... It is not finished by any means (try moving part of the path off the ground plane and watch the polyframe go mental!) but maybe it might give you some ideas...

Another note is that the channel wrangle in the chopnet is completely unnecessary, it just felt cleaner to me that two math nodes and a slope!

I'll certainly be revisiting this, I'll let you know if I get anywhere :)

Cheers,

Henry

follow_path_chops.hiplc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...