houdini 16, pyro shader alpha for fire and smoke

tagosaku

hi, I have a question about pyroshader in houdini16.

There are fire shading and smoke shading parameters separately. That's why I was thinking we could control alpha of fire and smoke separately, too. However, when I change general > smoke > Density Scale value, it influences to fire alpha, too. Then if I set the density scale to zero, actually fire alpha also becomes zero although fire's RGB shows red-yellow color. Thus questions are:

1 - what's the reason/concept we don't have a separate "fire density(alpha) scale" parameter? (Of course, we can separate fire and smoke by AOV with smoke_mask and fire_mask.)  

2 - Let's say I need to create a custom shader for it. What kinds of two volume fields should I use for fire and smoke's alphas?  Also, inside of pyroshader, there is a pyroshadercore node, which is an essential node but cannot be unlocked.

pyroShader.JPG

That's right. cause fire alpha is base on emission. so you can't separate alpha from pyro shader. If you have a test render a fire without density . You will see alpha also zero.

I think no alpha is ok for render flame effects