galagast

IK Animation Layer?

I would like to do some minor corrections to an existing mocap animation. Ideally, it would be much easier to use an IK rig to do the tweaking.

I've attached a simple sample file. It contains the ff:
1. rig_anim: Contains an animated set of bones (as mocap animation).
2. rig_IK: Contains an IKFK rig, currently set to the desired adjusted position.
3. rig_main: The main rig which would theoretically inherit the combination of rig_anim and rig_IK.

ik_layer.gif.c10d36e1d914a982644fef6299d78a79.gif

For now, I tried using CHOPs to get the animation data from both the rig_anim and rig_Ik, then use blending/compositing of channels to get the desired effect. The closest I got is 50% from both (rig_main in green above), it is not entirely working like a full correction/adjustment layer.. what could I be missing?

ik_layer.zip

I got something close. The idea came from discovering (from another thread) that there is an Agent Clip Layer DOP, and it has a blend mode setting called Additive. Here's an excerpt from the docs:

This is useful for adding additional variation while preserving the characteristics of the base animation.

It turns out I just simply needed to "Add" to the values. In my example above, the rig_IK just needs to be stretched out.

ik_layer2.gif.3a1c346ece6e4a1a63b1e27590e1b7f2.gif

IK Layer2.zip