Grass Ripple Deformer

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster - I've got a shot with a helicopter hovering over some grass, and I'd like to create a deformer system using VOPS/VEX to simulate the grass being pushed down and out from beneath the helicopter (basically a fancy sin ripple). I'm just using lines scattered on a grid as grass for the time being, but am really struggling with wrapping my head around the math/trig involved. I was hoping somebody would be able to help push me in the proper direction? Even just a sample scene of lines being pushed tangentially away from scene center would be a huge help towards getting me moving in the right direction. I greatly appreciate any help!

(ps, I'm hoping this was posted in the correct forum -- please let me know if this belongs in a place more specific)

What exactly would be the movement you're imagining? A bend? If yes, check this thread, f1 does a great job explaining 

If it's something else, maybe an example would help

Also, take a look at hair in 16. Both in a practical way because you can possibly just use hair to do the whole thing, but also if you open the guide process sop, you'll see it's neat organized with various "effects" to warp a curve in vex, including a bend