Integrating FLIP and RBDs... Suggestions?

DeeLan

I'm trying to get FLIP and Rigid Bodies to interact with each other. At the moment I've been dropping RBDs (both whole and fractured objects. No packed geo) into a deep tube of water and trying to get them to slow to a stop before floating back up to the surface. So far the best I've been able to do is get the rigids to collide with and move the water.

The water has absolutely no effect on the rigids, and neither of the object's masses seems to have any effect on the sim either. I've also tried increasing the Feedback Scale on the FLIP solver (the most common suggestion), plugging the FLIP solver into the merge node before the RBD Solver, and changing it from "Left Affects Right" to "Mutual" (both these changes gave extremely explosive/unstable sims, and still didn't work), changing the rigid solver from bullet to RBD, and playing around with the various collision and velocity settings on the FLIP solver. Nothing worked at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get FLIP and RBDs to play together nicely?

59e344a66eb54_2017-10-1521_26_56-D__ball_o_water_scenes_flip_ball_V01.hipnc-HoudiniApprenticeNon-Commercial1.png.2508db95f18fc4c11de78c440c5e59fc.png

Edited by DeeLan
Adding Reference Image