Help: Copysop + Upv

jonas.moberg

Hi,

Im very new to Houdini, and I've been busting my head to get this even this far. ;)

----------------------

In short:

I want to be able to control the upvector of all copies using a copySOP. The Rotate to Template Normal only gets me halfway (giving me one axis of alignment to the surface).

Added screenshot and a hipfile.

-----------------------

Long version:

I've been trying to get the results of a CreepSOP operation without distorting the shape of the original objects. I get pretty close using a CopySOP, but I just cant get the copies to align as nicely with the template surface.

I want to align the copies (actually multiple) of the CopySOP in all axis with reference to the template surface/groups. I realise I can use the Rotate to Template Normal , but that still doesn't make the copies follow the shape of my object

I don't want to use a path-thingie on the objectlevel as I need to be able to adjust the number of copies along the surface.

follow_v005.hipnc.zip

post-1130-1140626974_thumb.jpg

Unless I am missing something here..

Append a point SOP to the pont group you are copying to. In the particles tab add an up vector. You will need to put an expression in there that orients the up vector to your liking.

24979[/snapback]

:lol:

Well your not missing anything at all. I just didnt realize you could use the upVector from the "Particles" tab, for anything else but particles.

thankyou so much Mcronin.

/jonas