copying my leaf model into place of my speedtree leaves for simulation

Hi all i've got a bit of a query here - i built a tree in speedtree and exported it to houdini to do a sim.  I've got a tree trunk fracture, but i want to work on the leaves having them scattered now.

the prob is when i separated out the leaves and try to run that through a sim it just died a death - prob because each leaf was unique.

so my thought is if its possible to copy a leaf instance to each leaf - that way i can use packed geo potentially?

I'm a bit lost here - i dont even know how to transfer one leaf onto the other leaf positions.

i included my basic scene and the meshes - is anyone able to help me with this please?

ta!

ant

tree_leaves.zip

leaves_for_odf.hip

so here are my leaves (scene file above) - each of these is a sep geo leaf... i tried throwing this into a sim and it blew up houdini i think...

leaves01.thumb.JPG.9aab54ef1584c65070539f2bd6dddeea.JPG

so i'm wondering if its possible to get one leaf and roate and translate it to the posiitions of others and use that leaf as a packed instance copy or something?

leaves02.JPG.efa8dab78ab5009b589686ebf3776586.JPG

i dont know how to edit and work with those polys or primitives - can anyone offer any advice please?

Edited by anthonymcgrath

so my thoughts are if i can sort each leaf so one point is the start and the other is the end i can get a line or a vector.

then i can copy my leaf instance to this line

Then i can use points 1 and 8 (in this pic above) to orient my leaf copy correctly (near as dammit)

But no idea how to do that :(

also each leaf has different point numbers - i need to figure out how to get each leaf to have the same point numbers?

leaves03.thumb.JPG.c0a559ab1d4f2992b1a8a703ff66076c.JPG