Merging Animations From Different Takes

Let's say I've created a variety of different animations for a single character using Houdini's takes (which I must say is quite awesome). Now, what I'm curious to know is if there's any way to procedurally merge the varying takes of my animated objects into a SOP network on a single take. Maybe some kind of CHOP node that lets you specify which take to pull the keys from.

I know that I could collapse all of the takes to the root level by creating copies of my character and copying all of the animation keys over, but if I could get all of this setup without having to remove my Take setup, that'd certainly be nice.

So, is there any kind of SOP or CHOP node that can do that? Or am I pretty much stuck merging everything together?

Haven't really used 'takes' a lot but CHOPs sounds like a good idea. Fetch your animation channels and either lock the nodes or save out the clip at different take levels. You could use the 'blend' CHOP to mix different animations.

Haven't really used 'takes' a lot but CHOPs sounds like a good idea.  Fetch your animation channels and either lock the nodes or save out the clip at different take levels. You could use the 'blend' CHOP to  mix different animations.

27361[/snapback]

I have often thought that it would be a wonderful feature to be able to source and mix channels from different takes into CHOPs. This would make the whole CHOPs workflow much more flexible. The problem of cyclic dependencies goes away and we get more flexibility.

Dragos