Point Info Inside Dops/file Write Probelm

Overload

Sorry for the long post.

I'm having trouble pullng specific point information out of DOPs. So far I have tried groups inside DOPs, also object merging and gouping that way. The probelm is that DOPs gives every object point numbers starting at "1". So I have say, 10 objects and 10 Points with the same number. The point() function doesnt appear to work inside DOPs, but the dopoption() does. Only probelm with that is you have to call the $OBJID instead of a set point number? Unless I am missing something. Is the object merge method the only way to gain access to specific points from a DOPs simulation??? :huh:

Also, I have some weird things happening with my file out node. When writing out my .sim files, it keep skipping frames, very randomly. So I tried the Dynamics ROP, which didn't skip any frames but it renderd out ALL my collsion boundries as actual geometry (so there was quite a few million points which doens't go over so well)? Maybe I need a preRender script? Any suggesions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. B)