Local Vars Access

Hi,

I know this may seem absurd - but anyway - is there a way to access (read) values of local variables of a node? For example at the SOP level. I don't mean attribues - I meen variables. - I.e. is ther some kind of get_local_var("/obj/geo1/resample1", $NPT, 0); ?

Thanks.

P.S. Or maybe I should try some vodka instead of speculating about obscure topics.

No, but most of that is available in expression functions anyhow (eg. npoints() - 1 for $NPT ?). For local vars that change per point as it is cooking, it doesn' t make sense to have external access because mostly at that point, the SOP in question is already done cooking.

Hi,

I know this may seem absurd - but anyway - is there a way to access (read) values of local variables of a node? For example at the SOP level. I don't mean attribues - I meen variables. - I.e. is ther some kind of get_local_var("/obj/geo1/resample1", $NPT, 0); ?

Thanks.

P.S. Or maybe I should try some vodka instead of speculating about obscure topics.

Nope. The point of local variables is that they often are unique per point/primitive of the input. Thus, trying to access them from somewhere else, you'd also have to specify which point (or primitive) number you were interested in (if you could even do it), which would then cause a re-cook of the data inside that SOP. More difficult would be the implementation, as right now it's done on kind-of as a callback: the code says "get me this parameter value", which then contains a local variable, which then causes a callback function to be called that stuffs the correct value into the local variable, that is then returned as part of the evaluate-parameter function.

-- Antoine