Bullet holes.

B.J

this sounds fun... maybe suggest it as a challenge?

Anyhoo, my first question would be: How much detail do you need?

you could birth particles at the point of inpact, put grids on them with a bump map that would make it look as though there's a dent in the wall.

Also birth particles that are the fragments and dust that shoot out from the wall.

if you need actual geometry holes it might be more difficult.

maybe birth particles, put magnets on them that pushes back that part of the wall, then figure out which part was displaced and noise it up (so it's not so uniform from the magnet). maybe even apply a point attribute that feeds into a displacement shader to give it nice detail.

That should get you started :P

Cheers!

Snej

Thanks for the tips.

It's quite a detailed thing so I'm gonna go for the geometry option.

I've decided to use a cookie to cut a large chunk outta the wall and I'm now trying to break that large chunk into smaller chunks.I could repeat this process but I don't really want to do this by hand but I will if I have to.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

I may be a little off base but... Have you looked at the ice breaking tutorial... I think that if you changed the orientation of the ice grid and modified the force after the collision event.. this just might work... depending on how much control you want.. You could possibly paste a grid into a nurbs plane or multiple pasted grids where the bullets are going to hit... Then have the pasted grids act like the ice breaking... (The ice breaking tutorial is on the SESI website)

I think that all it would take is modify some off the forces....

http://www.sidefx.com/community/learn/effe...reaking_ice.pdf