Animated Texture On Particle Life

dayvbrown

Hi all,

First post here so here we go...

I've got a pretty basic particle system with a piece of animated geo (fbx geo cache imported from maya -> object merge -> cache -> copy) copied to it. The cache sop has the life attribute stamped to it so that the animation begins at the start of the particle life. So far so good.... Now we've added some ageing animation to the texture through COPs (and i'm grabbing this with the op:/ function) so the problem now comes that I also need that animation to start based on particle life.

I figure the whole stamping process can be repeated but I'm not really sure where or onto what and haven't had any luck so far... am still pretty new at this houdini shenanigans.

Hope that's clear :), i'll try to make a basic scene to upload but any initial thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave.

now with added file...

So you'll see the torus'ss's are rotating for the first 25 frames of their life as you'd expect and they are getting the colour change from the cop network (through the decal surface... a bit iffy but easy to set up for this purpose). The colour range is being applied across the board rather than being based on particle life. Soooo.... where to set this up?

As an additional piece of fun; if I wanted the animation not to start for, say, 25 frames after birth (ie: to hold on the first frame) what would the correct function be??

Thanks again,

Dave

cop_texture_forupload.hip