varying blur values

kiwi123

Hi everyone !

I would like to blur an image and change the blur amount per pixel by applying a grayscale image in the Size of the blur. It seems to be impossible ? I've been told nothing is impossible in Houdini, yet here I'm trying to do something simple :)

Could anyone help out with this please ?

I can definitely create a vopcopfilter and do it in there, but my home made blur is much much (did I say MUCH ?) slower than the standard cop one. So if somebody could help me out with a fast blur inside the vopcop I would be very grateful as well :)

Thanks,

Just wire your greyscale image into the Mask input of the Blur COP (on the side) and toggle on the "Per-pixel Blur" parameter. On the Mask page of the Blur parameters, there's a menu which allows you to select which of the input components you wish to use as the mask (it defaults to A - alpha).

Just wire your greyscale image into the Mask input of the Blur COP (on the side) and toggle on the "Per-pixel Blur" parameter. On the Mask page of the Blur parameters, there's a menu which allows you to select which of the input components you wish to use as the mask (it defaults to A - alpha).

That is wonderful ! If only I had tried the per pixel flag :( would have saved me a whole day of making an efficient blur (although the braintraining was great :) )

Thank you so much !