attempting to emit one particle per point

Cannoth

So here's the setup. I have a sphere dropping onto a plane via dops. Where the sphere lands it temporarily changes the color of the plane. The color change is only where the sphere is at that moment on the plane, once it moves on the plane's color returns to normal. This works as a select to determine which points will become particle emitters. But I only want the points to emit ONE particle each. What happens is that, lets say at point 52, the point emits 5 particles all at the same moment. Is there an expression i can use that will kill any particles coexisting at the same location in space save one. So if over the course of the simulation, the sphere hits upon 36 different points, I should only have 36 emited particles, not the 225 I have now.

Thanks,

C

So here's the setup. I have a sphere dropping onto a plane via dops. Where the sphere lands it temporarily changes the color of the plane. The color change is only where the sphere is at that moment on the plane, once it moves on the plane's color returns to normal. This works as a select to determine which points will become particle emitters. But I only want the points to emit ONE particle each. What happens is that, lets say at point 52, the point emits 5 particles all at the same moment. Is there an expression i can use that will kill any particles coexisting at the same location in space save one. So if over the course of the simulation, the sphere hits upon 36 different points, I should only have 36 emited particles, not the 225 I have now.

Thanks,

C

Care to upload a .hip(nc) file?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok it's a bit late to answer this but better late than never as they say.

if you want just 1 particle emitted per point at a given frame, the basic expression would be in the rate of the source node of your pop network

if you decide to put it in the impulse rate :

npoints(opinputpath("../",0))

and turning off the const. activation

if you decide to put it in the const rate

npoints(opinputpath("../",0))*$FPS

and turning off the impulse activation

don't forget to put the emission type to points(ordered) or you won't have a particle per point

this will hower emit the exact amount of points your emitter sop has per frame, so if your emitter has points that last 2 frames, you'll have 2 particles per point after 2 frames.