RBD Object and pop object

few_a_fx

so I'm trying to re-work and on cell animation. I'm trying to get the cells to collide with each other and I decide to try the pop_object DOP and also RBD fracture object. Can any give any suggestion or ideas on how I can transfer my popnet over to dops and make the objects collide and bounce off each other like the example file "popswithrbdcollision." thanks!

have a gander at the interact POP instead...there are example files on the help card

Tried the interact pop before and the objects are penetrating each other( as shown in the picture ). That was the main reason I was going to use the pop object DOP. Any suggestion on how I can stop the penetration of the objects?

post-3609-1233089280_thumb.jpg

Hello! You can control the particle and effect radius - check the help file. It is very possible to adjust them to fit the size of each particle, so that they will interact plausibly. I would suggest if there are any super close up particles, perhaps hand animating or using dops may still be the way to go. I've attached a DOPS sample for emiting rbd objects, hope it helps.

GW

EmitRBD.hipnc

Hello! You can control the particle and effect radius - check the help file. It is very possible to adjust them to fit the size of each particle, so that they will interact plausibly. I would suggest if there are any super close up particles, perhaps hand animating or using dops may still be the way to go. I've attached a DOPS sample for emiting rbd objects, hope it helps.

GW

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do, but is there away to make the rdb object follow a curve? I have actually tried breaking down that example a while ago. it will definitely work if I can just figure out how to make it go around a corner. Thanks GallenWolf

RBD Object follow a curve? I'm curious as to know why. Do you want some rbd objects to be "static" and just follow certain paths, but allow other rbd objects to bounce off it but not affect it?

Perhaps look into the Obj Position dop, that may be what you need.

GW

I think these video can explain what I'm trying to do a little better.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/854-97/3...-97%2c854-142|0

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/854-142/...-97%2c854-142|0

I'll try the obj position dop, and if that doesn't work I post the hip file.