Splash with SPH particles

kunal

Hi

im trying to do a splash with SPH (smoothed particle hydrodynamics)

the scene is for my class project and i am trying to do a product shot for an orange juice ad.

the scene is 2 orange segments falling in the juice to create a nice splash

i have 2 orange segments as RBD objects that are in DOPS along with the particle fluid object.

The volume for the SPH particles is coming from SOP's

the oranges are falling in the SPH fluid and i want to create a big splash, however i am only getting a few isolated particles in my splash so when i use the particle fluid surface i am only getting few blobs of fluid instead of a nice splash.

i have tried increasing the density of the oranges(RBD objects) so they displace the SPH particles even more but its not helping.

i have also reduced the particle separation value so that there are more particles and i also changed the jitter value

what else can be done for a better splash in SPH or is it better to use the fluid container in DOP's instead of SPH

any ideas will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Kunal

Hi,

I deleted the other post since this should be DOPs/Effects. If you want to keep this strictly to DOPs & particle fluids, I would look at emitting particles to create the splashes as you will have better control.

If you're looking for a full simulation, voxel based fluids should work better in this situation but you'll have to increase the resolution to get the details.

You should also look into using just POPs to create the splash and blend the splash to the base particle fluid sim.

Good luck!

Cheers!

steven

Hi,

I deleted the other post since this should be DOPs/Effects. If you want to keep this strictly to DOPs & particle fluids, I would look at emitting particles to create the splashes as you will have better control.

If you're looking for a full simulation, voxel based fluids should work better in this situation but you'll have to increase the resolution to get the details.

You should also look into using just POPs to create the splash and blend the splash to the base particle fluid sim.

Good luck!

Cheers!

steven

thanks Steven....i'll try that out