VEX Pop Help

athomas

I am fairly new to VEX and would like to achieve the following

count particles at every frame for soucres A & B

get the number of particles from A colliding with B

if the number of collisioned particles is more than 30% of total particles in the scene

then birth particles from source C (or location)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andre

Phew. POPs aren't meant to work in such an absolute way. You could do this outside in SOPs then reference that back in to the POP network. I do remember a post a day ago that gave you this solution. It should work as the pop SOP has to keep up with the POP network it is referencing. The two are inter-dependent inside the Houdini cook method. Watch out for recursion though.

POPs are simply rules. You need to use a Pop SOP to reference the Pop rules in a real context.

You describe what you want to do but what is the effect you are trying to achieve?

The effect I'm trying to achieve is basically,

when two fluids or streams are colliding it changes their disrtibution patterns and depending on the force can look like an explosion.

I like to achieve this without SOPs, so you can easily change position, terrain etc. without having to worry about adjusting your collision geometry and I thought it may be as well achieved using VEX rather than writing a script.