If VRAY_clusterThis can use in Houdini10

I found these have

mantra_clusterThis_H10.0_v1.4.6.tar.gz at http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/clusterThis/index.html

I compile it whith H10.0374

but when I render VRAY_clusterThis_dev_v1.4.6.hip noting render

there have two err

mantra: Unable to find registration function 'allocProcedural' in 'mantra/VRAY_clusterThis.so'

mantra: Cannot allocate procedural 'clusterThis' on object /obj/particles

Guest xionmark

You are missing:

* The mantra procedural config file:

VRAYprocedural

Place this file (or append the contents to your current VRAYprocedural file) in a location searched by Houdini:

$HOME/houdini9.5/

$JOB/houdini9.5/

Read the README.txt file.

Mark

Guest xionmark

hey, I think I need to make my question more clear.

I want to know if I compiled the .C code and got a dso . How could I create an otl with the dso?

In the case of this project (a mantra procedural), the OTL is really only used for the user interface, the parameters from the OTL's GUI are passed to mantra, which then calls the DSO. Thus the actual .so file isn't part of the .otl file. In the case of let's say a SOP, the DSO contains it's definition of the GUI, is loaded by Houdini at startup and is available to the user in an interactive session. So, there's no OTL file involved at all. There's been talk recently that it might be smarter (for numerous reasons not outlined here) to have an OTL that calls an external DSO perhaps through a Python "binding".

Mark

sorry, i am still not clear about the detail to create the otl. I check the set of the otl trying to find something unusual. I noticed that in the tools/script tab there are some python code:

import shoptoolutils

shoptoolutils.genericTool(kawrgs,'$HDA_NAME').

I didn't find out what "shoptoolutils" is in the help file. Can you give some idea?

Actually i just want to know after I got these kinds of dso files ,how can i use it in houdini.

Guest xionmark

sorry, i am still not clear about the detail to create the otl. I check the set of the otl trying to find something unusual. I noticed that in the tools/script tab there are some python code:

import shoptoolutils

shoptoolutils.genericTool(kawrgs,'$HDA_NAME').

I didn't find out what "shoptoolutils" is in the help file. Can you give some idea?

Actually i just want to know after I got these kinds of dso files ,how can i use it in houdini.

I don't understand your question.

Perhaps you should learn more about Houdini and OTLs first.