python shell clear screen

nahee

Hi,

Since Ctrl+L doesn't work inside Houdini's interactive python shell (window/panel>python shell) I use

numlines = 50
print '\n' * numlines

There are 2 problems with this however:

1. I don't know of a way to find out what that "numlines" should be (when resizing the window for instance or using different panel window sizes), is there a way to ask the python shell window how many lines it has?

2. Using this rather hacky method results in the input cursor going to bottom of the window while Ctrl+L remains at the top if you use python interactive shell from a terminal.

Ideally, I'm looking for something to do the same thing as Ctrl+L in Houdini python shell. Thanks.

Yeah I use it with hotkey. Setting it to 500 sux since sometimes I do like to scrol up a page to see what's going on. Mostly I'd love to get the cursor up top somehow.

Its no big deal just cosmetics. I'm getting used to using python from external terminal with an open port to live Houdini instance but then there's no auto-completion which I like sometimes. Can't win at everything I guess.