Keeping track of a point and its neighbors

Macha

Say I have an object that needs to jump on a geometry from point to point. Let's call the location of the object at that moment in time the active point.

So, in a SOP VOP network, how would I keep track of that active point, and how would I keep track of the neighbours of that active point? That is to say, keep a permanent record of which points have already been visited, and which have been neighbors of the active point.

I think I have worked out how to keep track of a point. But how to find if points are neighbours(rather than have neighbours)?!

I'm very puzzled by this problem. I tried many things but my brain is puny and my eyes are painful and my teeth already ground to toothflower.

Edited by Macha

This is what I have so far. 3 attributes:

active point: current state

closed points: points that have been visited

random: random numbers

The whole thing is set up with a dop network to be able to keep track of things.

One important thing I can't work out at this stage is how to travel from the highest random point down to the lowest, one step per frame. I think if I can do that I can keep track of the travelled path in the "closed" attribute.

feedback active point.hipnc