VEX Fluffy Clouds Shader

Arpita

Hi.

I would like to get some help with using the VEX Fluffy Clouds shader.

I have used metaballs with a copy SOP to create the volume in the SOP level, and the VEX Fluffy Clouds in the SHOP level. To create the i3d file, I have used the 3d Texture Generator ROP with the necessary fields - the SHOP, the SOP, the .i3d output and also used Render as 'use meta/particle geometry'. I then loaded the rendered i3d texture in the VEX 3D Texture Fog shader and applied it as a material to the Atmosphere Fog object.

My problem is that whatever the geometry I use, the render just appears spherical, like a cotton ball. I tried playing around with the parameters, but I can't seem to figure out how to use the VEX Fluffy Clouds shader so that it renders in the shape of the geometry.

Thank you in advance

From Houdini Help:

"VEX Fluffy Cloud shader

This shader is used by the i3dgen program (or the 3D Texture output driver) to generate a 3D texture map.

This shader will simply computes a density field representing a noisy sphere."

Check this thread.

Edited by SWANN

From Houdini Help:

"VEX Fluffy Cloud shader

This shader is used by the i3dgen program (or the 3D Texture output driver) to generate a 3D texture map.

This shader will simply computes a density field representing a noisy sphere."

Check this thread.

Thank you very much. I am using the VEX Meta Cloud instead of the VEX Fluffy Cloud and it works out fine.

I did look at the help before posting the question and did see that it produces a noisy sphere. But since I have less knowledge on this subject, I presumed there must a way to manipulate it to produce the shape of the geometry.

Thanks anyway.