Blowing in the wind...but only once

domino

not blowing in the wind.hipHello everyone,

I've been going through the "blowing in the wind" tutorial found below,and have been having a bit of a problem with the expression

in the force pop:

http://www.digitalanimators.com/HTM/Tutorials/using_houdinis_particle_syatem.htm

The tutorial says in the force sop in the x axis to enter: 0.5*sin(($F*5)+($PT*50))+.25

When I run the sim it works great for the first 30 frames or so then the particles stop their wave motion and jitter. It seems to be the $PT causing the issue but I'm not sure how. I've attached the .hip file if needed.

I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face but for the life of me I can't see it.

Thank you in advance!

not blowing in the wind.hipHello everyone,

I've been going through the "blowing in the wind" tutorial found below,and have been having a bit of a problem with the expression

in the force pop:

http://www.digitalanimators.com/HTM/Tutorials/using_houdinis_particle_syatem.htm

The tutorial says in the force sop in the x axis to enter: 0.5*sin(($F*5)+($PT*50))+.25

When I run the sim it works great for the first 30 frames or so then the particles stop their wave motion and jitter. It seems to be the $PT causing the issue but I'm not sure how. I've attached the .hip file if needed.

I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face but for the life of me I can't see it.

Thank you in advance!

Just change the $PT in the force POP to $ID and you should get the results that you are looking for

-Ryan

Just change the $PT in the force POP to $ID and you should get the results that you are looking for

-Ryan

That's fantastic. Thanks Ryan! Especially for the quick reply. I've been banging my head against the wall on that one for a couple of days.

I have one other problem, which is that I am trying to make the particle streams in the previously attached .hip file look like they are stalks of wheat blowing and bending in the wind. How would I go about applying an image to a stream of particles? Is that even possible? I'm totally stuck on this.