image or geo onto particle stream?

domino

Hello everyone,

I have a particle sim that looks like long grass blowing in the wind. Right now I have them just rendering as lines, but what I am trying to do is make each of the particle streams look like they are stalks of wheat blowing and bending in the wind. How would I go about applying an image to a stream of particles or is that even doable? I'm totally stuck on this.

Any suggestions on how to go about accomplishing the look I am going for would be very greatly appreciated.

I have the .hip file I am talking about attached.

un-wheat-ish wheat stalks.hip

Thank you in advance!

Hey domino

Take a look at this file,

It seems to work, but the lines don't have a diffuse component - this shader just looks up the texture and applies it to the line.

Thats because the shader uses the uv of the curve as a coordinate to read the uv of the texture.

The curve that has width variable which is defined in the point SOP.

The curve is rendered flat in mantra, so it doesn't have a diffuse component in the shader.

however there are different ways to faking this, if u need too.

For something simple, if u render the wire1 - and apply a normal shader, you'll see the diffuse.

however Owls example is great, in how he uses the for each sop to build the wheat

let me know if u need any more help.

cheers

un-wheat-ish wheat stalks.hipnc