Geometry proxy and cloth

Good day.

I have a problem:

I have a model of car in .OBJ file and I need to create the animation, where this car collides with some static object.

For the first look, there is no problem - just convert it to cloth, setup some parameters and that's all.

But this doesn't work for me, because this model is high poly and it's impossible to deal with it when every frame calculates for a few hours. So, I need a decision of this problem.

I tried to do that in different ways.

1. to make a low poly version, that would collide and the result will be used as lattice deformer for the main model.

I don't know, whether it's possible, but my variant didn't work. If I modify the lattice 'box' as a cloth object, then the main model doesn't modify with it. Maybe I do something wrong.

2. Also I tried to deal in the same way, as in Geometry Proxy example in help system, but replace the RBD with Cloth object and that also didn't work. The low poly model calculates as it should, but the high poly version stays unmovable.

I spent three days for this problem and still didn't find solution.

Please advise what to do (the best would be the sample file).

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

This may be a stupid question, but have you seen the masterclass that was done earlier last year at SideFX?

Masterclass: Crumpling and Tearing

That goes over alot of stuff that Houdini cloth has to offer, but more importantly it has an example file in there for the car crash. I don't have Houdini open now, but if I remember right the car in that example scene was built inside Houdini. The same principles should be able to work with an obj model if you already have a low model proxy you want to use. I remember that the file had some informative sticky notes in them and that should point you in the right direction. Just download the scene files from the link above.

Hope that helps,

-Ryan

Thank you.

I already found an example in this masterclass few days ago, but anyway, thank you for your answer.

For others, who might have the same question: In the masterclass, mentioned above, there is an example, called "carcrash", where we have a high poly model, binded to the low poly bounding box, used for physical simulation.