Using a calmed down SPH

Netvudu

So I want to throw a couple of objects (dobjects) on an SPH pool I previously calmed down, but I want to start from a cached calmed down situation....how would I go about this?

I though I could save the sim when the pool was calmed down and then use it as an initial state, but if I do this then I cannot add any RBDs that weren´t there before!

I saw the bullet and glass tut but couldn´t understand that part...any hints?

This example is very easy to do in Realflow but somehow I cannot get my head around it in Houdini...

Also, we REALLY need a Filled emitter (like in realflow) so that we don´t have to calm down fluids every time manually....

I don't think that you can create a perfectly calm pool. I always have to let the particles settle to some degree. I've seen that create sculpted fluid tool, but have yet to really experiment with it.

You can possibly use that, or you can use my method.

My method is as follows:

-Create an object to represent your SPH fluid volume.

-Use an isooffset sop to create a fog volume.

-Scatter points in that volume.

-Create a particle fluid object in DOPs.

-Change the input type from the default to "Particle Field."

-Adjust your Particle separation as necessary.

-Simulate until still.

-Go back to SOPS and create a dop import and use the `dopobjscreatedby()` expression in the object mask to only grab the particles.

-Write that out to a file.

-Create a file sop and read that file in, and then make that the SOP geometry in the Particle Fluid object as a Particle field.

Jason