DeepShadow maps with PRMan

Hi!

Has anyone managed to get deepshadows rendered with PRMan so far? I tried rendering out deepshadows but with no success. I set up another Renderman render node and chose zfile as primary output display and deepshad with deepopac variable as secondary output. The zfile gets rendered fine, but doesn't produce a dshad file. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Phong

but that only works if I'm setting up the shadowmap in the light itself. But if I want to create a custom shadow map generated from an arbitrary shadow camera, I'll have to use a renderman ROP or not?

I am not sure how that's work but as far as I know, lights have shaders by default, both to illuminate and render shadow maps, so if your looking to render dsm from a particular camera, you need to write a shader for to render dsm.

I am not sure is that your asking ?

I am not sure how that's work but as far as I know, lights have shaders by default, both to illuminate and render shadow maps, so if your looking to render dsm from a particular camera, you need to write a shader for to render dsm.

I am not sure is that your asking ?

hmm.. as far as I know deepshadows as well as regular shadow maps are rendered as a separate task before rendering the final image. And that pass should be an independent RIB scene description. The light shader just uses a given shadowmap generated by rendering that RIB, but usually isn't capable of writing its own shadow map.

Well that's the way I'm used to have shadowmaps generated, maybe its different here now :/